Friday, December 16, 2011

Share and Voice: The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes


This video basically speaks for itself.  The fact that this young person has the courage to get up in front of the United Nations and tell them how she feels and what she thinks and what she wants done about it is pretty amazing.  If more people would have the courage to get up and fight for what they thought was right the world would probably be a happier and healthier place to live.  I really liked what she said about if we do not know how to fix the things that we keep destroying why do we feel it is okay to keep destroying them?  That is something that I did not really think about before, but it is a very good point that should probably be brought up more often.  This video also made me wonder, if I had the chance to speak in front of the United Nations what would I say?  I think she covered a lot of ground in a very small amount of time, touching on environment and poverty, I don't know if I could do any better.  What would you say if you got a chance to speak to some of the most powerful decision makers in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment