Friday, December 16, 2011

Reflection: Week 8-14

To the left is a picture of my "Junk" project (and the mess that is my room displayed in it, finals have gotten the best of me).  I have had this mirror since probably 6th grade, and it was previously decorated in stickers and was broken off the frame.  I used an old bed sheet to cover the frame, then hot glued the frame back onto the mirror, and used flowers from a lei to decorate it a little.  Fixing this mirror is something that I have been meaning to do for a long time so I am really glad that it got to be part of this class, and I really enjoyed making it.

Not only did I enjoy this project, but the other assignments that we did during the second half of this semester.  I really enjoyed the Share and Voice assignments.  They gave us all a chance to share who we are and what we find to be interesting and beneficial.  I really enjoyed looking around the internet for different things that would be interesting to share with my classmates.

Another thing that we did in the second half of this semester were our Advocacy Projects.  My Advocacy Project was about reducing the heat island and smog effects around Federal Facilities.  I found it really interesting to learn about heat island effects and ways in which they can be reduced.  Through the Advocacy Project I also learned the steps that I would take if wanting to make a change, like learning who to contact and how to properly do so.

Overall, this half of the semester, and this class overall, have been very enjoyable.  I have always wanted to live a more natural and green lifestyle, I'm not sure what exactly was holding me back, but I now feel I have the base knowledge and resources to lead me to live the way of life that I really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment